I'm not home when CSI
is on, so I've been taping it. After several weeks of this, I decided that the show was well over the shark and I wasn't going to do that anymore. But then there was a Lady Heather episode, and I love Melinda Clarke, so I continued taping. And the episode after that was the femslashiest episode ever. Ever. But last week was the reality show episode. And it was horrible. Horrible
. So that's it for me. I might catch reruns and such, but no more taping.The Unit
I've been watching The Unit
. Or, more accurately, I've been taping The Unit
and watching it later. Its bad points outnumber the good, so let's start with what's good. I like the action bits. I like that kind of super-secret unit carrying out missions thing.
And now the bad:
Close to Home
- Scott Foley just looks dumb. I think that's his role on the show.
- There are no women in The Unit. I have issues with this.
- The men sound okay, but the women don't. They're completely unreal! Molly Blane is the Magical Negro of the show. Serena Brown is way too high-strung to be married to a soldier. And Tiffy Gerhardt is very boring.
- In addition to sounding unreal, these women's sole role in life is to support their men. Blech!
- The women's story of this week's episode was that the husband of one of the other women on base was killed in Iraq. As all the women of the neighborhood were going into her house to comfort her (apparently none of the women on the base have jobs, except for the secretary who garbles Serena's phone message), I thought, "I wonder when they'll have the soldier's wife dealing with domestic violence episode." Then, the trailers for next week show Mack hitting/shoving around/otherwise being violent to Tiffy.
- Dennis Haysbert will now always be the Allstate Guy to me. It does lend him an air of authority, but it's distracting during the show.
This show is bad. Bad, bad, bad. And yet I keep watching it. Christian Kane wasn't even in this week's episode.ConvictionConviction
is not very good either. It seems to want to hinge around Nick Potter as the newest DA, but he's boring. Although Jordan Bridges looks good in a dress. And yet I keep watching despite the badness. There are three reasons why:
Stephanie March as Alexandra Cabot. They don't give her much to do, but she sure is pretty. It would be nice to know how she got out of witness protection, though. And whether or not Olivia knows.
J. August Richards is on it. He doesn't get much to do either, but he's also pretty.
The romance. I sure hope what they're doing with Brian (played by Eric Balfour, who looks like a Hollywoodized version of max243732
) and Christina is leading up to a romance.( Rambling about the relationship. )
If I keep watching and this goes nowhere, I will not be happy. On the other hand, if anyone knows where I can find some Brian/Christina fic worth reading, I'd give it a try.